Trace the path taken by packets as they travel from Ball State University to any Internet destination.
Enter the desired destination (ex. APPLE.COM or 192.168.1.2)
- Perform a trace that shows the route.
- Determine if a connectivity problem is due to your network, the Internet, or the host you are connecting to.
- Identify whose network (IHETS, MCI, Sprint, UUNET, MSN, etc.) a problem is in.
- Detect routing loops.
- Be prepared to WAIT. The reply may include as many as 30 hops which can take a while.
- A return of NO RESPONSE is common. Many routes are configured NOT to respond for security reasons.
- Although it may take time for the server to return the answer to you, the trace times are not affected and are accurate.
- Don't abuse this utility or the application will block your use.
- This application has been designed to not work during times of heavy load to protect its host.